Smyrna/Clayton Sun-Times
  • Fire east of Smyrna on Shorty Lane ruled accidental

    • email print
  • Citizens' Hose Company responded to a fire Friday morning at about 4:51 a.m. in response to a house fire in the 200 block of Shorty Lane in the Smyrna Landing area east of Smyrna.
    Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal B. Scott Bullock said in a release that the fire department arrived with heavy smoke and fire coming from the front of the residence. The fire was quickly extinguished and placed under control at 5:29 a.m.
    Bullock said the fire was determined to be accidental and caused by the failure of an electrical extension cord.
    Damages were estimated at $5,000. No injuries were reported.
Terms of Service

    Events Calendar