Citizens' Hose Company responded to a fire Friday morning at about 4:51 a.m. in response to a house fire in the 200 block of Shorty Lane in the Smyrna Landing area east of Smyrna.

Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal B. Scott Bullock said in a release that the fire department arrived with heavy smoke and fire coming from the front of the residence. The fire was quickly extinguished and placed under control at 5:29 a.m.

Bullock said the fire was determined to be accidental and caused by the failure of an electrical extension cord.

Damages were estimated at $5,000. No injuries were reported.