Citizens' Hose Company No. 1, of Smyrna, was dispatched to a reported house fire Saturday morning at 10:04 a.m. at 379 Roberts Drive, in the Glenwood section of town.

Shortly after being dispatched, firefighters arrived to find light smoke coming from the rear of the residence, according to Citizens' Hose Company Public Information Officer Eugene Tucker.

"Firefighters entered the residence in search of fire, and found a dryer on fire on the second floor of the residence, and quickly extinguished the blaze," Tucker said.

The damage was limited to the dryer and the closet area where the unit was store.

Tucker said the occupant was home and discovered the fire, and safely escaped without injury and reported the blaze to 911.

It took 34 firefighters with three pieces of apparatus just 13 minutes to bring the blaze under control under the direction of First Asst. Chief Jay Pappas, Tucker said.

Firefighters remained in service for 38 minutes while checking for extension and mopping up the scene.