Smyrna Town Council will meet for the second meeting of the month on Monday, June 17 at 7:30 p.m. at town hall.
Town Hall is located at 27 S. Market St. Plaza.
There will be a public hearing at 7:15 p.m. before the council meeting to review a Comprehensive Plan amendment to include the approved U.S. 13 Corridor Plan as part of the certified Comprehensive Plan.
Once the regular council meeting starts, council will swear in Andrea C. Rodriguez, who will fill the open at-large seat on council.
Here's the rest of the agenda:
Recognition of Visitors
- Recognition of John Barkley Jr.
- Presentation of 2012 Audit
- Consideration and vote on extension of current Smyrna Opera House lease to 7/31/13
- Consideration and vote on results of the public hearing - review of the Comprehensive Plan amendment to include the approved U.S. 13 Corridor Plan as part of the certified Comprehensive Plan
- Consideration, discussion, and possible vote on Borrowing Resolution - Resolution proposing the borrowing of up to $1.19 million from the United States Department of Agriculture Rural Utilities Service to fund and/or refund from an already approved line of credit the North Duck Creek water line extension, including certain water utility improvements
- Accept FY2012 Audit Report
Council will also go into executive session for preliminary discussions on a site acquisition for publicly funded capital improvements.