The Monday, July 1 Smyrna Town Council includes two topics that have been heavily discussed over the past two years: the library and the police station project.
The meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. in council chambers at Town Hall. Town Hall is located at 27 S. Market St. Plaza.
The following items are on the agenda:
Recognition of visitors
- Swearing-in of new police officers
- Resolution in support of the Smyrna Public Library
- Timeline and milestones for construction of Police Station and cost estimates
- Consideration and request from Jim Kalicharan regarding the de-annexation of his property located at 5543 DuPont Parkway from Town limits
- Consideration and vote on appointment of Jill Wolfe to the Personnel Committee
- First reading: Ord. No. 008-12, an ordinance to amend Chapter 14 ("Animals"), Article II ("Dogs"), of the Town Code by adding a new section 14-36 to regulate the tethering of dogs
- Consideration and possible vote on assessment of Clarence and Terri Collins, 355 Lake Como Circle
- Executive session for preliminary discussions on a site acquisition for publicly funded capital improvements
- Possible action on matter discussed in executive session involving preliminary discussions on a site acquisition for publicly funded capital improvements