Smyrna Town Council will meet for their second meeting of the month on Monday, July 15 at 7:30 p.m.
The meeting will be held in council chambers at Smyrna Town Hall on South Market Street Plaza.
Prior to the meeting, there will be a public hearing at 7:15 p.m. The purpose of the public hearing is to discuss a resolution approving issuance of a General Obligation Bond to the United States Department of Agriculture - Rural Utilities Service, as registered owner, to finance improvements to the Town of Smyrna's water facilities; determining that the bond will be sold by private sale and authorizing execution of loan documents; pledging the full faith, credit and taxing power of the Town for the Bond; and authorizing other necessary action.
The following items are on the regular council meeting agenda:
- Second reading: Ord. No. 008-12, an ordinance to amend Chapter 14 ("Animals"), Article II ("Dogs"), of the Town Code by adding a new Section 14-36 to regulate the tethering of dogs
- Consideration and possible vote on assessment of Clarence and Terri Collins, 355 Lake Como Circle
- Discussion and vote on resolution updating which committees are standing committees and that committee members serve at the will of Mayor and Council
- Consideration and vote on results from the public hearing
- Consideration and possible vote on request from Citizens' hose Company No. 1, Inc. to permit alcohol to be consumed at their annual fire company picnic at the George C. Wright Jr. Municipal Park on August 31
- Consideration and possible vote on request from Centennial United Methodist Church to hold a 'Centennial Day in the Park' at the George C. Wright Municipal Park on August 24