While Apple's iPhone 5S launch grabs headlines, rumors are swirling that the tech giant's long-term plans include large-screen smartphones.
While Apple's iPhone 5S launch grabs headlines, rumors are swirling that the tech giant's long-term plans include large-screen smartphones. A larger-screen iPhone is possible in 2014, which could have an approximately 5-inch screen. Although Apple has traditionally avoided large-screen smartphones, the company does offer a range of sizes across its iPod and iPad lines, so the iPhone could well follow this trend.
— The Street
Existing home sales are up more than 17 percent since last year, while the price of those homes has risen 13.5 percent over the same span, according to the National Association of Realtors. Here are five things to know about buying a home this fall:
1. Treat it like a sale. There’s a natural discount in homes after Labor Day.
2. Go where people aren’t. You can’t get summer homes at fall discounts.
3. Have a good memory. Remember which houses have been listed twice.
4. Welcome worst-case scenarios. Specifically, if the home’s backyard turns into a pond during torrential September rains.
5. Home and garden stores are discounting at this time of year, too. Something to think about if that kitchen upgrade seems daunting.
— The Street
Number to Know
5.1 percent: According to the Global Business Travel Association, U.S. business travel is expected to grow 5.1 percent in 2013.