After being called out for complacency in Dylan Farrow's open letter, Cate Blanchett and Alec Baldwin have responded to the allegations that Woody Allen sexually abused his daughter.
"It's been a long and painful situation for the family, and I hope they find some resolution and peace," Blanchett said Saturday, according to Hollywood Elsewhere. Blanchett said this not long after winning a Santa Barbara Film Festival award for her work in Allen's film Blue Jasmine, for which she is also nominated for an Oscar.
Baldwin, who also appears in the film, responded to tweets he received from users who said that he owed Dylan Farrow an apology. "What the f&@% is wrong w u that u think we all need to b commenting on this family's personal struggle?" he wrote. He also replied to another comment saying, "You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family's issue." Both tweets have since been deleted.
Farrow had released an open letter earlier Saturday detailing the sexual abuse she allegedly suffered as a child by her adoptive father. Allen was first accused of the abuse in 1992, but was never prosecuted.
In the letter, Farrow says she's speaking out now to encourage others to tell the truth and stop living in fear. She ends it by calling out a few of those in Hollywood for sending the wrong message to those who have been sexually abused.
"What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?" she wrote. "Woody Allen is a living testament to the way our society fails the survivors of sexual assault and abuse."
Page 2 of 2 - Allen continues to deny the claims and a rep for the director says "he will be responding very soon."
View original Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin Respond to Woody Allen Sex Abuse Allegations at TVGuide.com
Other Links From TVGuide.com