A family of eight was displaced Tuesday night following a fire at their home on Clayton Delaney Road in Clayton.

Clayton Fire Company responded to the 800 block of Clayton Delaney Road Tuesday shortly before 8 p.m. for a fire. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the two-story dwelling, according to a Delaware State Fire Marshal press release.

Firefighters quickly contained the fire to a second-floor bedroom. The incident was placed under control at 8:30 p.m. with no injuries reported.

The Deputy State Fire Marshal's investigated the fire and determined the blaze originated in the second floor bedroom and was caused by an electrical failure in the home's fixed wiring.

Damages were estimated at $25,000.

The American Red Cross Delmarva Region is assisting the displaced family of eight. The Red Cross is providing the family with their immediate emergency needs.

Clayton Fire Company had 53 members respond to the call. Clayton was assisted on the call by Townsend Fire Company, Citizens' Hose Company, Ambulance 64, and Kent County Paramedics.