Crabs, critters, music through the weekend at the Delaware State Fair at DNREC's building.
Thursday, July 20
· Noon - 3 p.m. Build Your Own Horseshoe Crab! Kids of all ages are invited to color and create their own model of a horseshoe crab, and learn more about these unique aquatic creatures.
(From the Delaware National Estuarine Research Reserve)
Friday, July 21
· Noon - 3 p.m. Wildlife in the Parks ... and in your Backyard! Learn about the animals that call Lums Pond home – and the critters in your own backyard. Plus, meet some park residents, including a turtle and toad.
(From Lums Pond State Park)
Saturday, July 22
· Noon - 3 p.m. Herbivore, Omnivore, Carnivore! Mammal teeth tell the story of what their owners eat, as illustrated by skulls such as black bear, beaver, deer, and others, along with animal pelts to touch.
(From White Clay Creek State Park)
· 3 - 6 p.m. Live Music with Switchback! Stay awhile and enjoy upbeat rock and pop from the 70s to now with this three-piece local band!
Sunday, July 23
· Noon - 3 p.m. Bringing the Zoo to You! Meet a few of the residents of Delaware's very own zoo and learn about where and how they live.
(From the Brandywine Zoo)