Delaware State Police said the men were using a propane saw inside a building in the Powder Mill Shopping Center.

Three men using a propane saw inside a Greenville building were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday morning.

At about 8:45 a.m., Delaware State Police responded to a reported medical emergency at 3826 Kennett Pike, in the Powder Mill Shopping Center, Greenville.

When troopers arrived they saw one person escorting a victim to the front of the building, said State Police Sgt. Richard Bratz.

While troopers were helping the victim they were alerted by another person inside the building. A third victim was lying on the floor inside the business, unconscious and incoherent.

Troopers realized that all three victims had possibly been exposed to carbon monoxide or some type of chemical and immediately requested fireboards to continue into the building, Bratz said.

Troopers with the assistance of one victim removed another victim exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning from inside the building.

Troopers then rendered aid to all three victims and turned them over to responding emergency medical service units and New Castle County Paramedics. The victims were evaluated for symptoms of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The investigation determined that three victims were working inside the building using a propane saw when carbon monoxide filled the building, affecting the victims and causing the medical emergency, Bratz said.

A 32-year-old man was transported for evaluation after complaining of a headache and being found unconscious in the building.

A 48-year-old man was transported to the hospital for evaluation after suffering from an altered mental status.

A 46-year-old man was transported to the hospital for evaluation after complaining of a headache, dizziness and altered mental status.

The three men were transported to the Christiana Hospital emergency room in ambulances from Cranston Heights, Belvedere and Five Points fire companies with a New Castle County Paramedic accompanying each man. All patients were stable at the time of transport. They were taken from the emergency room to the Christiana Medical Center for further care and evaluation.

Representatives from the following agencies assisted in clearing the building and making sure it was safe to re-enter: Delaware State Police, New Castle County Paramedics, Cranston Heights Fire Company, Talleyville Fire Company, Claymont Fire Company, Five Points Fire Company, Elsmere Fire Company, Belvedere Fire Company, and Holloway Terrace Fire Company.