Here's a roundup of reported law enforcement activity for the past week.
Dover man hurt in hit-and-run collision near Cheswold
Delaware State Police are asking the public's help in finding the car involved in a hit-and-run crash.
The incident occurred around 9 p.m., Nov. 22 on McKee Road just west of Fork Branch Road near Cheswold, division spokeswoman Master Cpl. Melissa Jaffe said.
A 34-year-old Dover man was walking on the right shoulder of McKee Road with the flow of traffic when a car approached the curve in the road, its front bumper hitting the man’s back and running over his foot.
He was taken to a hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries, Jaffe said.
The only description of the vehicle was a newer passenger car. The man was wearing dark clothing and not carrying a light, Jaffe said.
Anyone with information in this case is asked to call Cpl. Vecchio at (302) 378-5749 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, or enter information online at www.delaware.crimestoppersweb.com.
Body recovered from Silver Lake
The remains of 39-year-old Dover resident Anthony McDonald, recovered from Silver Lake Tuesday, have been turned over to the Delaware Division of Forensic Sciences.
Dover Police Department spokesman Master Cpl. Mark Hoffman said McDonald’s body was found by a kayaker the afternoon of Nov. 21.
There were no obvious signs of foul play, Hoffman said.
The forensics office will determine the cause of death, he added.
Police are continuing their investigation; anyone with information on this incident is asked to call Dover police at 736-7130. Tips may be left anonymously.
Tips may also be submitted to law enforcement through Delaware Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333, online at tipsubmit.com or through the Dover Police Department MyPD app.
Milford police arrest Dover man on drug charges
A Dover man who was pulled over by Milford police now is facing drug charges.
The incident took place Saturday, Nov. 18, Milford Police Department spokesman Sgt. Robert Masten said.
The driver, identified as Roschon L. Simpson, 26, was stopped after a patrol officer noted his vehicle had an expired registration. Officer smelled marijuana coming from the Honda Civic, and after searching the vehicle seized 24.3 grams of suspected marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Simpson is charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, expired tags, and driving on suspended or revoked license, Masten said.
He later was released from custody on a $210 unsecured bond. Arraignment will be Dec. 20.
Two men sought in Kent/Sussex commercial burglaries
The Delaware State Police Criminal Investigations Unit in conjunction with the Dover Police Department is asking the public's help identifying two burglary suspects.
The two men are suspects in several burglaries that occurred in DSP Troop 3’s jurisdiction as well as that of Dover, Milford, and Milton police departments.
The men are suspected in the following burglaries:
- Thursday, Aug. 10: a rock was used to break the glass door at the Shore Stop at 2636 S. State Street. They stole an empty cash register box.
- Thursday, Aug. 10: a rock was used to break the glass doors at Sally Beauty at 283 N. Dupont Highway and Dot Discount at 321 Independence Blvd. They stole cash drawers, money and cigarettes.
- Monday, Nov. 13: a cinder block was used to damage the front door glass at Milton Liquors at 112 Broadkill Road, Milton. The men were unable to break the glass and did not get inside the business.
- Monday, Nov. 13: a rock was used to break the glass door at Mike’s Liquor Mart at 358 Milford-Harrington Highway. They stole cash, a cash register, and lottery machine.
- Friday, Nov. 17: a rock was used to break the glass door at Mr. B’s Liquors at 321 Independence Blvd. The men stole a store cash register.
- Monday, Nov. 20: a rock was used to break the glass door at Luigi’s Pizza at 5502 S. Dupont Highway, Dover. The men stole an undisclosed amount of cash,
Anyone with information about these burglaries or the identities of these men is asked to call Troop 3’s Det. Buzzuro at 302-698-8502 or Sgt. Roswell at the Dover PD at 302-736-7111.
Information also may be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet at http://www.delaware.crimestoppersweb.com.