With a blizzard warning for Sussex County into Thursday and a winter storm warning for Kent and New Castle counties, Code Purple is being declared across the state. Additional declarations are expected.
If you see someone outside who appears to be homeless, encourage them to seek emergency shelter or call a non-emergency police number to alert the police to the situation.
To be connected to Code Purple resources, call Delaware 2-1-1 or click the Code Purple button at www.delaware211.org.
Or call the Delaware Housing Alliance’s Centralized Intake Line at 302-654-0126, ext. 112.
Shelters organized and operated by nonprofit organizations or volunteers:
Thursday during the day:
• Hopes & Dreams Peer Resource Center, 621 W. Division St., Dover, will open from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
• Dover Interfaith Resource Center, 684 Forest St., Dover, will open from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Centennial United Methodist Church, 44 E. Mount Vernon St., Smyrna (5 p.m.)
• Presbyterian Church, 54 S. State St., Dover (5 p.m.)
In Dover, all overflow for men will be sent after dinner at Presbyterian to emergency center at Dover Interfaith.
• Wesley United Methodist Church (enter on North Street), 209 S. State St., Dover (5:30 p.m.
• Avenue United Methodist Church, 20 N. Church St., Milford. Check-in at 7 p.m.; meals provided on-site.
• Milford Community Center, 105 NE Front St. Men only. 5 p.m.