The State Fire Marshal's Office said a malfunction with a wood pellet stove ignited combustible materials.

A fire Tuesday night damaged a home in the Claybourne neighborhood west of Clayton, but no injuries were reported.

The Clayton Fire Company responded to the fire call at 10:34 p.m., in the 400 block of Pauline Drive. The fire company received assistance from Citizens' Hose Company of Smyrna, Townsend Fire Company, American Legion Ambulance and Kent County Paramedics.

When firefighters arrived, they saw fire on one side of the home and heavy smoke.

Firefighters searched the home and extinguished the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

The fire started in the chimney area on the first floor and extended to the second floor and attic, the Clayton Fire Company said.

Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal B. Scott Bullock said the blaze was caused by a malfunction with a wood pellet stove that ignited combustible materials.

Damage is estimated at $30,000, Bullock said.