The Smyrna 250th Anniversary Committee concluded its year of celebrating the milestone observance of the town's founding in 1768 by donating the committee's remaining funds to four nonprofit groups.
The Smyrna 250th Anniversary Committee concluded its year of celebrating the milestone observance of the town’s founding in 1768 by donating the committee’s remaining funds to the four organizations which led the celebration.
Checks for $1,576 each were presented to:
• The Smyrna Opera House which hosted the Cotillion and the tribute dinner to former Mayor George C. Wright Jr.,
• The Duck Creek Historical Society which published a book about the town's 250-year history,
• The Smyrna-Clayton July 4th Foundation which organized the Independence Day Parade and fireworks,
• The Citizens’ Hose Company Marching Band which provided music at multiple events including the Independence Day Parade and also organized the visit by the internationally-acclaimed Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps from Romford, England.