Where to get COVID-19 tests in Delaware before Thanksgiving
Delaware is offering a number of pop-up testing sites this week, in addition to its permanent operations, ahead of what is typically one of the busiest travel stretches of the year.
Health officials in Delaware and across the country are urging people to reconsider holiday plans, especially those that involve travel, and celebrate only with their household.
For those who do plan to travel for holiday gatherings, getting tested prior can be useful in limiting the virus's spread. But, officials have warned that securing a negative test is not a substitute for taking precautionary measures like wearing a mask. Tests are not a definitive indicator of whether one has contracted the virus and show your status at one point in time only.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE: COVID-19 testing in Delaware hits record heights ahead of Thanksgiving week
Every week, the state offers testing at temporary sites in each county. Testing is also available at permanent testing sites at Walgreens and various hospitals and health care centers.
You can find a testing event near you and reserve a spot by visiting de.gov/gettested. The website will also specify what type of test each site provides and when you can expect results.
This week's temporary sites are listed below. Sites with an asterisk are walk-up only. Others require or encourage registration ahead of time.
New Castle County
- Mon. 2 p.m.-6 p.m., Congo Funeral Home parking lot (2401 N. Market St., Wilmington)*
- Mon. 2 p.m.-7 p.m., Frawley Stadium (801 Shipyard Drive, Wilmington)
- Tue. 2 p.m.-6:30 p.m., Garfield Recreation Center (26 Karlyn Drive, New Castle)*
- Tue. 10 a.m.-4 p.m., City of Love at Brandywine (2200 N. Market St., Wilmington)
- Tue. 9 a.m.-noon, Henrietta Johnson Medical Center (601 New Castle Ave., Wilmington) — Register by calling (302) 655-6187
- Tue. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., William Penn High School (713 E. Basin Road, New Castle)
- Wed. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Seeds of Greatness (828 Frenchtown Road E., New Castle)
- Wed. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Warner Elementary School (801 W. 18th St., Wilmington)
- Wed. 9 a.m.-noon, Henrietta Johnson Medical Center (601 New Castle Ave., Wilmington) — Register by calling (302) 655-6187
- Wed. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Middletown High School (120 Silver Lake Road, Middletown)
- Wed. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., New Castle County Government Center (87 Reads Way, New Castle)
- Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., University of Delaware STAR Campus (540 S. College Ave., Newark)
- Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Biblical Mission of Covenant Church of God (60 Fir Ave., Bear)
- Mon. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Delaware Tech Terry Campus (100 Campus Drive, Dover)
- Tue. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Grace Presbyterian Church (350 McKee Road, Dover)
- Wed. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Harrington Fire Department (20 Clark St., Harrington)
- Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Smyrna Police Department (325 W. Glenwood Ave., Smyrna)
- Mon. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Epworth UM Church (19285 Holland Glade Road, Rehoboth Beach)
- Mon. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Delaware Tech Owens Campus (21179 College Drive, Georgetown)
- Tue. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Milford High School (1019 N. Walnut St., Milford)
- Wed. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Laurel Elementary School (815 S. Central Ave., Laurel)
- Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Lewes Fire Department (32198 Janice Road, Lewes)