Only guests of athletes allowed as spectators at Smyrna High games
The Smyrna School District has announced restrictions on spectators for fall sports at Smyrna High School because of coronavirus safety precautions.
Here is the district's policy:
• All fall sporting events are open exclusively to home spectators.
• Each student-athlete will be permitted two guests to attend home sporting events using electronic ticket access via a QR code. Each guest must be at least 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 will be admitted.
• Each student-athlete will be required to electronically submit his/her two guests’ names and contact numbers (for contact tracing purposes) at least 24 hours prior to the start of the specific sporting event.
• Spectators are required to wear a face covering at all times.
• Spectators must be seated in the bleachers. Standing in front of the bleachers, along the fences inside or outside the stadium or elsewhere on school grounds is not permitted. While seated in the bleachers, all non-family members must adhere to social distancing requirements (6 feet apart).
• Any spectator not adhering to this Smyrna School District Spectator Policy for any contest will be required to leave the event and exit the property. Additionally, that spectator will be denied access to any events for the remainder of the fall sports season.
• At the conclusion of the sporting event, all spectators must report to their vehicles immediately and exit the property.
Fall sports games begin today, Oct. 20, with the field hockey and volleyball teams both playing at home against Delmar, while the soccer team is on the road at Delmar.